You don’t need to go to South Sudan to help FIGS achieve our aim. We are working with local South Sudanese traders to design and build the school, but there are a lot of ways you can help us progress right here in England. We are looking volunteers, based in London, who’d be interested to get involved in a range of local events and activities! This will include working with:
- UK-based South Sudanese communities.
- Schools to raise awareness and support fundraising.
- Other volunteers to organize large fundraising events.
- Trustees to write bids in order to obtain funding and more…
We are a new and small charity and we have a lot of work ahead of us! By getting involved you will help shape the projects future and will make a huge difference to the lives of young South Sudanese women.
If you’re interested in getting involved we formally invite you to join us at our introductory event in London! Please can all attendees send notice of their attendance to Londonfigs@gmail.com as soon as possible.
DATE: Thursday, 7th February
LOCATION: 22 Upper Woburn Place, London, WC1H 0TB
The Local Government Information Unit (LGIU) have kindly offered to let us use one of their meeting rooms to hold our first London volunteers event.
The offices are a 5 minute walk from Euston Station.
The closest train & tube stops are:
- Euston Station – Northern and Victoria lines.
- Russel Square – Piccadilly line.
- Euston Square – Hammersmith & City line, Circle and Metropolitan lines.
If you would like further information or to contact the organizers please email: Londonfigs@gmail.com